JASON Gram’s career is unlikely to extend beyond St Kilda, with the sacked midfielder not in the plans of the other clubs.
As Gram pondered his next move after being dismissed by the Saints, representatives of the 17 other clubs said they would not be pursuing Gram as a delisted free agent or in the drafts.
Many of those clubs were not in a position to consider Gram anyway, given they have already made room for their compulsory three draft choices and would have had to cut another player to make room.
Gram was told of his fate on Tuesday, having been arrested on Monday and facing the Moorabbin Magistrates Court after spending the night in the cells.
The club had already decided to dismiss the 156-game midfielder, who would have been entering the final year of a contract worth about $350,000 next season.
The club said it had been working with Gram closely following the breakdown of his relationship and that he had ”failed to honour repeated undertakings to the club concerning his behaviour”.
The Saints also said they would continue to make professional support and counselling services available to Gram and his former partner, while the AFLPA is also working through the situation with Gram.
Meanwhile, Carlton yesterday delisted Andrew Collins just two years after trading the small forward in from Richmond for Shaun Grigg.
The Blues, who have promoted rookie pair Levi Casboult and Zach Tuohy to their senior list, are planning to redraft Collins either in the preseason draft or as a rookie.
After cutting Sam Lonergan and Kyle Reimers on Monday, Essendon yesterday announced that rookie Mark Baguley would be promoted to the senior squad, delisting young onballer Michael Ross.
Gold Coast delisted three of the dozen 17-year-olds they prelisted three years ago – Piers Flanagan, Hayden Jolly and Josh Toy – and officially moved Nathan Krakouer off their list.
After 85 games in nine years, the Saints cut Raphael Clarke loose. Clarke, the No. 8 draft pick in 2003, played in the 2009 grand final side.
Adelaide was unable to delist Kurt Tippett on AFL orders, with the investigation into the Crows’ re-contracting of the forward three years ago still under way.
”It is our understanding that subject to the outcome of the investigation and the AFL’s approval, Kurt now has the right to delist himself in this period and nominate for the national or preseason draft,” Adelaide said in a statement.
Tippett will come off the club’s list at either the second list lodgement ahead of the national draft, or the third list lodgement after it.
Should the forward remain on the Crows’ list until after the national draft, the club will have to delist another player.
Tippett’s easiest path to Sydney, which still plans to recruit him, will be via the pre-season draft.
Both Adelaide and Gold Coast have been told that Brad Crouch and Jaeger O’Meara – their selections in last year’s 17-year-old mini-draft – must come onto their list as ”traded” players, rather than as one of their compulsory three draft selections.
It means both clubs have had to find an extra pick to ensure they make those three selections in the national draft. Upgraded rookie Ian Callinan will count as one of the Crows’ three selections, while the Suns have promoted Kyal Horsley.
All delisted players are now eligible to sign with the club of their choice, as a delisted free agent, provided they have not rejected a contract offer from their club.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.